You've got the power
Software Quality Assurance Tester
Location: Portland, ME
Constant Energy Capital is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Tester. This is a broad QA role, tasked with developing test infrastructure, strategies, plans, test cases, and execution. This includes both manual testing and automated testing. We strive to deliver high quality software at a very fast pace, in a very dynamic environment. The customer experience is paramount to our success, and ensuring our systems are defect free is a critical aspect of that.
The software to test includes both Web-based user interfaces, as well as APIs. Tools to utilize will include Locust Swarm, Selenium, Jira, and other supporting tools as identified.
The ideal candidate will have a financial services background and experience, but it is not required. What is required is an individual who has a passion for helping us deliver a high quality experience to our users, and a flexibility and willingness to continually improve our processes.
YOUR PRIMARY FOCUS
- Test. Act as a useful, constructive gate to ensure quality standards are met before passing to the next phase.
- Tool selection and drive best practice use of tools and processes.
- Plan. Determine the strategy for testing various project outputs, and create the test plan accordingly.
- Test case creation. Review requirements and create individual test cases to ensure the system meets requirements.
- Test Execution. Build out automated testing scripts and execution of manual test case verification.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree ( BA or BS) or compensating work experience
- Technical aptitude
- Analysis skills to review documentation, ask questions, and gain clarity & resolution regarding how and what to test, including expected outcomes.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience with Selenium or other comparable testing tool, or evidence of understanding of such concepts.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Use of Jira to document and to ensure process and workflow is utilized.
- Willingness and ability to participate in operational functions to lean the system and the processes they support.
- Independent thinker, minimal supervision, handles multiple tasks simultaneously and team oriented.
- Ability to strategically prioritize tasks and utilize effective time management skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and uncompromised ethics in protecting the customer experience and preventing reputational or financial damage to our Customers and the organization.
Constant Energy Capital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org