You've got the power
Sales Development Representative
Location: Portland, ME
WHY YOU’LL LOVE CONSTANT ENERGY CAPITAL
Put Contractors First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Responsible lending.
These are the values that define who we are and which have been powering our growth.
Based in Falmouth, ME, we’re on a mission to redefine how borrowers pay for energy efficiency upgrades. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
At Constant Energy Capital, our Sales Development Representatives are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing sales team and will be our boots-on-the-ground solution to building personal relationships and making our prospective mid-market home improvement contractors successful. Specifically, you will leverage your past cold calling and/or lead generation experience to communicate with potential contractors via phone, emails, and Linkedin to develop an interest in Constant Energy Capital’s responsible lending offering. We believe that the most successful sellers have a passionate and supportive team behind them.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to sell an impactful, responsible financing solution that makes a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a results-oriented, motivated and strategic ‘hunter’ who is laser-focused on building sales pipeline within the U.S. Market. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for cold-calling prospects and educating the market about the power of Constant Energy Capital and generating opportunities with net-new customers. You will become an expert at using lead generation tools to routinely extract contacts and craft accurate and targeted lists of prospects. You will be able to conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips using SalesLoft Cadence to connect with new prospects.
If you’re passionate about financial technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Sales Development Representative is the career path for you!
The Sales Development team will consist of results-oriented sales professionals with a strong hunter mentality and a desire to win. The SDR’s on our team will share a few common traits: they are self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate about evangelizing Constant Energy Capital in the U.S. market. They are also the epitome of our core values – Put Contractors First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Responsible lending.
THE SKILL SET:
- BS/BA strongly preferred
- 6 months-2 years of relevant sales experience required
- Previous cold calling experience required
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me’
- Results driven & competitive nature
- Superb writing, communication, and listening skills; you must understand objections and defeat them by turning skeptics into ecstatic new customers
- Outstanding time management skills
- High level of empathy – it’s important for our SDRs to be a good person to peers and prospects
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results
- Desire to move up the ranks and become an Account Executive in the future required
- Experience in construction or banking/financial services a plus.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Begin 1:1 with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the team, and delve into your responsibilities
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Begin to cold call and understand how to utilize your knowledge to overcome objections
WITHIN TWO MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Have a strong understanding of Constant Energy Capital and feel comfortable pitching our financing program to prospects from self-sourced efforts
- Meet regularly with your assigned Account Executives, Manager, and peers to become an expert on the product, talk track and prospecting
- Continue your education around Constant Energy Capital’s competitive advantage and continue to strengthen your business acumen
- Consistently achieve your activity goals
- Become an expert on internal tools and processes
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Consistently meet or exceed your quota
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
- Assist in the development of best practices for lead generation
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be seen as a trusted business-advisor and internal expert, making a significant impact on the Lead Generation team
- Be considered a top-performing SDR on the team by consistently exceeding your goals
- Work with sales and marketing to help create new campaigns to drive pipeline
- Set an example for new SDRs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new SDRs..
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT CONSTANT ENERGY CAPITAL:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You can grow here in a big way
Constant Energy Capital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org